Hey girlfriend! I don’t know about you, but sometimes it feels like there is soooo much going on in our household. It is difficult to remember off the top of my head exactly what we have going on and when. I’ve got the hubby working random call shifts, with a schedule that changes every 4 weeks (His rotations are not aligned with calendar months, which makes it all the more difficult). We have family and friends all over the place, that we want to make time for. We have plenty going on in the evenings, including blogger meetups, non-profit committee meetings, work dinners, and more. Sound familiar? Keep on reading then, because I’m going to let you in on my little refrigerator calendar secret.
First, let me categorize people by calendar type. Yep, I totally went there – here are the categories I came up with:
- You can’t go anywhere without your planner. Sorry – that’s just not me, which is kind of odd because I do love planning. I make and check things off of lists almost every day!
- You don’t have a calendar. Instead, you just remember everything. I wish I had that magic power!
- You have a very high level household calendar. This category has my middle name all over it.
There are probably some other calendar types out there, but I really want to dig deep into why a refrigerator calendar is the best life organizational tool in the entire universe. I’m talking to you, don’t need a calendar woman. I’m also talking to you, super organized Mom of 3, that keeps an extremely detailed personal planner.
All Aboard the Magical Refrigerator Calendar Train
As the New Year is rapidly approaching, I thought I would share 5 reasons why you should get on the magical refrigerator calendar train with me. All aboard!
- See Daily Reminders of what is Coming Up – Who doesn’t hit up the refrigerator at least once on any given day? It’s hard to ignore the calendar when it’s right in front of your face.
- Easily Plan and Schedule Future Commitments – When you’re on the phone with your bestie and she asks about next Thursday, you can take a peak at the fridge and immediately know what you have going on without having to pull out your planner or second guess yourself.
- Get on the Same Page – Not only do you know what’s coming up, but so does everyone that lives under the same roof. This is a major win!
- Get Motivated Monday – Got a case of the Monday morning blues? Peak at your calendar for a mood booster. Hone in on whatever it is coming up that you are excited for. Instant motivation for the day!
- Give yourself more Time to Get Things Done – Is your hubby’s b-day coming up? Seeing it marked on the calendar over and over (and over) again provides reminders to plan for his b-day. Whether that entails gifts, a special trip, or dinner out, you’re less likely to wait until the very last minute. How could you, when you are constantly being reminded about it every time you get a glass of water, pack lunch, or make chicken tikka masala for dinner?
Wanna hear one last tidbit of info about my magical fridge calendar? It only takes me a whopping 10 minutes or so at the beginning of each month to refresh it! That’s practically no time at all!
Are you Officially with Me?
Have I convinced you that our fridge calendar truly simplifies all of the goings on in our household? Better yet, are you hearing that it could make your life easier too? The exact refrigerator calendar we use can be shipped to your doorstep in just two days flat, thanks to Amazon Prime! Here’s the affiliate link to your future favorite calendar.
Are you already with me on the magic refrigerator calendar train? If so, I’d love to know why you’re on board! If you don’t already have a fridge calendar, do you now realize why you need one? Let me know in the comments!